Register

Titanium Backup Pro

This is a discussion on Titanium Backup Pro within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I know there is a similar thread about what people are using to restore their backed up stuff, but I just paid for Titanium Backup ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Titanium Backup Pro

I know there is a similar thread about what people are using to restore their backed up stuff, but I just paid for Titanium Backup Pro, and would like to figure out what the issue is here. I had backed up the apps I wanted from my previous phone (DX), transferred that backup folder to my computer and transferred it to the new phone (GN Baby!). I'm rooted and everything. When I do a batch restore it says the apps were restore successfully. But when I look in the drawer none of the apps are showing up. In TBP, when I look at specific apps to be backed up, it shows most of them grey with a strike through it, leading me to imagine they are not in fact restored (looking through the apps manager in the OS settings also don't have any sign of them). When I tap on a specific app, and hit restore, a popup comes up with Question: What would you like to restore? And that's it... Can anyone shed some light on this issue? I'm sure that many other users may end up having the same issues that I have. Thanks in advance everyone!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I believe Titanium Backup requires the phone to be rooted.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Correct.

Tapatalk'd

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I stated in the OP that I am rooted.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    did you make sure to take the TB folders from your old phone's sd card and put them on the nexus?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes, and it reads them when doing the restore, I watch it go through the progress bar very quickly.

Milky Way
    Member #
    So has anyone found a solution to this? Please post if you still have the same problem or not. I just bought the Galaxy Nexus and having the same problem even after being rooted using TB pro.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    suggestion:
    original apps may need to be installed first on GNEX, then restore app data from TibuPro?
    hope this helps...

did you run the restore missing app with data?
    PowurPlayr
    Storm>DX>Galaxy Nexus>N7!
    Sláinte!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    karmasyde
    Quote Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
    I know there is a similar thread about what people are using to restore their backed up stuff, but I just paid for Titanium Backup Pro, and would like to figure out what the issue is here. I had backed up the apps I wanted from my previous phone (DX), transferred that backup folder to my computer and transferred it to the new phone (GN Baby!). I'm rooted and everything. When I do a batch restore it says the apps were restore successfully. But when I look in the drawer none of the apps are showing up. In TBP, when I look at specific apps to be backed up, it shows most of them grey with a strike through it, leading me to imagine they are not in fact restored (looking through the apps manager in the OS settings also don't have any sign of them). When I tap on a specific app, and hit restore, a popup comes up with Question: What would you like to restore? And that's it... Can anyone shed some light on this issue? I'm sure that many other users may end up having the same issues that I have. Thanks in advance everyone!
    It may also be an incompatibility issue.between Android versions as far as the apps themselves...I would try to install app from google play then try to restore data

Swyped from my Lte Gnex via tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by karmasyde View Post
    It may also be an incompatibility issue.between Android versions as far as the apps themselves...I would try to install app from google play then try to restore data

Swyped from my Lte Gnex via tapatalk 2
    That's what I was thinking too

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads