Register

SGN Reception issues? Suggestion?

This is a discussion on SGN Reception issues? Suggestion? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I got my Nexus at 9:15 this morning (I was 4th in line) and I love it. Well except for the reception issues. My thunderbolt ...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

SGN Reception issues? Suggestion?

I got my Nexus at 9:15 this morning (I was 4th in line) and I love it. Well except for the reception issues. My thunderbolt had much better reception. I had 4g @ 9MB/s and now I am stuck with 3g @ 900kb/s. Should I go get another one? I can't even get 4g in my office (Had full service with my TB). This is really a crappy development for me because I love the phone otherwise but if it doesn't get data all of the ICS goodness in the world doesn't make a difference.

Mike

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    I am having issues too. At home I always had at least 3-4 bars on my Bionic and Droid X. I am sitting here looking at it go from 1 to nothing on my GN. We all know Moto has far superior radios. I am loving this phone but what good is a smartphone if you can't use data on the network. I'm gonna wait it out because they are getting ready to flip the LTE switch here today. So they may be doing work on the towers or something.

And welcome to the forum TexanMike!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    No issues as of yet but will keep a look out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm going to the store in a minute. I want to see what kind of reception the phone has in the store compared to the store demo. The guy in front of me got his done in like 5 mins. I never had 4g at the store or on the way home. Maybe its an issue with this phone. I would hate to have to go to the razr because of reception. :/

Mike

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    No issues here. 3-4 bars inside my house.

Member #
    Ive got the razr and nexus currently. Testing both on the edge of the verizon network, the razr outperforms the nexus by far. However, the nexus does an okay job of holding the 4 g status. At best ill get 10Mbps (7 average) while the razr consistently hits 14.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I came from Thunderbolt, and still have 3 other Thunderbolts in my family. So, I did some comparison testing.

At the same location, same time, my three other Thunderbolts usually show about 5 to 15 db less in signal strength (Ex: -75db for Tbolt, -90db for GN). In terms of bars, my Thunderbolts usually shows one or two more bars than my GN.

I still have no problem using my GN with 4G network. However, it seems obvious that my GN shows the weakest signal strength among all four Verizon 4G phones in my family.
    Current Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (VZW): Rooted. Unofficial CM9 Build 1226.

Retired:
    HTC Thunderbolt (VZW): Rooted. Vicious ICS MIUI.
    Motorola Droid X (VZW): Rooted. Darkslide GB.
    Motorola Droid 1 (VZW): Rooted. CyanogenMOD.

Remove Ads

Ads