Register

★★★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★★★

This is a discussion on ★★★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★★★ within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx For the past 6 months or so I have been buying, repairing, and selling electronics on Craigslist. I've slowly been plowing ...

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: ★★★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★★★

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx View Post
    For the past 6 months or so I have been buying, repairing, and selling electronics on Craigslist. I've slowly been plowing back the earnings until this post week I finally got myself every Android fan's wet dream: the galaxy nexus. And honestly, I couldn't be happier. I've owned and tinkered with a lot of Android devices, done my share of rooting, fastbooting, and flashing, but I honestly can't find a compelling reason to flash this, or even root it. The only reason I can see to justify spending the time playing with roms is if there is something you are unhappy with, but so far I can't find a single thing (except battery life, which I'm sure is about as good as it gets on the stock kernal).

Can't wait for jelly bean, and I must say, this is by far the most impressive cell phone I have ever had the pleasure of using. Google really knocked it out if the park with this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    welcome to the forum....

Milky Way
    Member #
    Finally resurfaced long enough to post: I got my GNex. Ordered it online Thursday. There's supposed to be free one day shipping, but, I screwed up at checkout and selected free two day shipping. Was upset that the phone was supposed to be delivered on Monday while I'm working long hours; which means I really get to pick up the phone Tuesday. So instead of getting it one day after launch, I was looking at getting it five days after launch. Really sucked to see all the local stores still having the GNex in stock Friday morning...

In the end, FedEx unexpectedly delivered it Saturday! Something about a huge backlog forcing more Saturday deliveries to catch up.

Now it's Monday and I can't believe I had the GNex for only two days. Seems a lot longer. Must say, unlocking the bootloader/installing CWM, and rooting the device within thirty minutes of unboxing is a new personal best time for me.

Milky Way
    Member #
    hi guyz , i ve got my nexus yesterday , it's really nice , but i have some things wondering ,,
    * can't assign a caller ring tone form my music not the device tones>
    * dosen't have social hub or music hub ( built in app ) , like Galaxy S II ot Note .
    * also no my files folder , to make organizing easier .
    little bit differant while using it , not like the last software .

Milky Way
    Member #
    hi felows ..

any replay ??/

Milky Way
    Member #
    FINALLY got mine this past Friday! Rooted and all that jazz. I freakin' love it so far. Doing my research on the roms, seeing what I want to flash first.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Grats on the Nexus and welcome to the forum!!! Feel free to browse around and and ask any questions you have.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Congrats & welcome to GNF!! Lots of ROMs to choose from.

Tappity-tap'd

Milky Way
    Member #
    I just received my nexus the other night. I have to say, that so far I am loving it. I finally was upgraded from a fascinate which crashed multiple times a day. The nexus is crispier, faster and overall just levels above the fascinate.

As far as the battery, it's not great, but it doesn't seem to much worse then what I had with my fascinate. I usually charge it when I can and sometimes it is in the red when I can't. Wish it was better but again, I've alway had it that way.

The signal does not seem great, but again not any worse than my fascinate. I only get two our of the four or five bars but it is 4G and seems to get have nor problem downloading pretty quick.

My biggest gripe, is the face recoginition to unlock the phone. No matter what I do, it never works. Not a big deal, but it would be neat if it worked better.

I am gald I finally got to switch. I was going to wait until the SIII came out, but couldn't wait that long and did not feel the SIII was going to be much better than the nexus.

One question: I am currently on OS 4.02. I believe peopel were saying that 4.04 was out. I tried updating and it said my OS was the most current. Is 4.04 much better than 4.02?

Thanks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Congrats & welcome to GNF!! 4.0.4 is currently only available for the LTE Nexus via custom ROMs. It *is* an improvement over 4.0.2, but you'll need to root your phone to get it.

Tappity-tap'd

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I got my GN last night, thanks to the upgrade fears placed in me by Verizon... BUT I am so happy I've taken the plunge. Like many of you, I was a Fascinator, and got the newer model. Muji and Paul helped me tons in the Fassy forums, and I followed them here. This is a wonderful community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Thank you Mods and Admins for creating such a great forum!

~syris...
    Mujibar likes this.

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads