Register

Looking for good apps for ICS...and a manual to figuire out what the hell I am doing!

This is a discussion on Looking for good apps for ICS...and a manual to figuire out what the hell I am doing! within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi there! I am a Newbie.(my son convinced me to get the Samsung Nexus. I love the phone so far but I confused on so ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BEReiter
  • 1 Post By DancesWithFarts

Thread: Looking for good apps for ICS...and a manual to figuire out what the hell I am doing!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Cool Looking for good apps for ICS...and a manual to figuire out what the hell I am doing!

Hi there!
    I am a Newbie.(my son convinced me to get the Samsung Nexus. I love the phone so far but I confused on so many levels. Most of it is based on not knowing which App is good for ICS.
    1) Something to use for HD movies I downloaded a MPG and it won't play, any suggestions?
    2) Is Skype ever going to work on Video calls for Verizon?
    3) What games really use the resources available.
    4) What do I use to download pictures, videos and tunes? Would Astro work or is there something better?
    5) Lots of other questions on Apps but how about a place with a "manual" on the Nexus to let us know how to customize contacts with ringtones?, pictures, etc and other things to customize the look and feel of the phone.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for all of the help.

Bruce
    Nokia to Blackberry Storm to Droid to Nexus!
    arborij likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    Official Manual here: Android OS Help
    Sim2k (Play Store) | Gallery (Wallpaper)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    skype doesn't work properly on any phone that i've seen. it has nothing to do with verizon, the problem is the skype app. why do you care about skype anyway? your GN comes with google video chat for free. anyone can chat with you from their pc, all they have to do is make a free gmail accnt if they don't already have one.

some games work, and some don't. the only thing you can do is read the reviews on the market and make a judgement call.

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Congratulations on your new toy. Be prepared to have it run you life for a while. The Nexus and Android in general, make your smartphone whatever your heart is set on.

As far as Astro, it won't download anything, but is a file manager. What is does is to organize everything in your phone is a logical, concise way. So as you acquire more crap in the phone, and you will, you can minimize the amount of clutter; picture a defrag for your phone

As far as games, @Dancingwithfarts is absolutely correct. Find a game you like, go to the market and download away. It is a bit of a trial, but you'll get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Member #
    Liked
    831 times
    Twitter
    kdog2007
    Congrats on the GNex! As for the manual, you are in it. This is the BEST place to get all the help and info you need. Glad to have you with us. Grab your phone, sit back, relax and start reading the forums. They are full of info. Everyone here is more than happy to try to help.
    For movies, I just use the built in player. seems to suit my needs.
    Skype seems to work fine for me. I use it all the time to chat with a friend overseas in the military. Not had any problems with it at all
    As for games, I agree with everyone else. Pick and play. If you don't like it just remove the app.
    Downloading, I couldn't tell you. I use Google music religiously. I have all my music at my fingertips. Streams great whether im using Bluetooth, Aux cable or a wireless modulator.

Most importantly, Have fun with the device.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdog View Post
    Congrats on the GNex! As for the manual, you are in it. This is the BEST place to get all the help and info you need. Glad to have you with us. Grab your phone, sit back, relax and start reading the forums. They are full of info. Everyone here is more than happy to try to help.
    For movies, I just use the built in player. seems to suit my needs.
    Skype seems to work fine for me. I use it all the time to chat with a friend overseas in the military. Not had any problems with it at all
    As for games, I agree with everyone else. Pick and play. If you don't like it just remove the app.
    Downloading, I couldn't tell you. I use Google music religiously. I have all my music at my fingertips. Streams great whether im using Bluetooth, Aux cable or a wireless modulator.

Most importantly, Have fun with the device.
    skype works for you? i've never had it work right on any of my phones lol

you should play the lottery, my friend. you never have probs with any apps lol
    Kdog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    831 times
    Twitter
    kdog2007
    Dances, I have my problems for sure... Lol Skype has been working great. There's a little delay in the voice but only like a second or so. I just figure that's on his end. I mean he is in the middle of the desert. Video works good too. I use the actual skype app. Not the verizon skype app

Tapped from KDog's GNex!
    We make a living by what we get: We make a life by what we give.-author unknown

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Welcome.

1. I've used Mobo Player for videos
    2. Not sure
    3. I use several Gameloft games: Asphalt, N.O.V.A. 2, Need For Speed
    4. There are several MP3 Downloading apps to download music in Google Play.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you all, for the great information! I downloaded Mobo and it works great for movies. I got Skype working. The one for Verizon does not work.

Love the phone. The battery use IS very limited, though.

Thanks again.

Remove Ads

Ads