Register

Android 5.0?

This is a discussion on Android 5.0? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Knock on wood, I have had no issue with mine yet. Well, the only issues I have had are the ones that were user caused ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Android 5.0?

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Knock on wood, I have had no issue with mine yet. Well, the only issues I have had are the ones that were user caused . Now, as far as JB is concerned, I have heard that it would span both tablets and phones. In fact, the buzz I heard, was that it may work well, in parallel with Windows 8, which, if done right, would bridge the gap between mobile hardware and the laptop. Now, I am being quite hopeful, but it would make things real nice in the future.
    Kdog likes this.
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Member #
    Liked
    831 times
    Twitter
    kdog2007
    Quote Originally Posted by arborij View Post
    Knock on wood, I have had no issue with mine yet. Well, the only issues I have had are the ones that were user caused . Now, as far as JB is concerned, I have heard that it would span both tablets and phones. In fact, the buzz I heard, was that it may work well, in parallel with Windows 8, which, if done right, would bridge the gap between mobile hardware and the laptop. Now, I am being quite hopeful, but it would make things real nice in the future.
    There you go. I hope it does what you are saying. This will give us one good update that may help a lot of us without sending something out every week that is causing issues in other areas. Well put!

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I hate to say it, believe me, I despise giving the fruit any recognition, but with their iMacs, you can partition the hard drive, and install Windows on it. In fact, I have even seen it operate both concurrently, without flaw. With the rapidly changing mobile world, it would be more than smart to watch the big "Window" to see what they are doing, and work towards aligning with them as seamless as possible. Look at your work computer, or your home PC, Gates is still the Overlord of computers, and our little green friend would gain even more traction than what he has had, in the future, if it were able to operate Windows applications, especially in a manner that does not require third party stuff, not to knock the third party apps, because I do love me my Quckoffice Pro, and wouldn't be able to function without it right now. That said though, I would definitely love to see the Windows Office icons on the desktop of my Galaxy Tab or GNex. Just think, spreadsheeting while on the subway... I think I just landed in Heaven. Oh, sorry, the geek in me just went back to sleep.
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iPeckNexus View Post
    What issues ? Dont have any, sorry.

Sent from my GNex via Hit'N'Yak
    Exactly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Droid X- retired
    Galaxy Nexus- Tried everything JB and going back to Liquid ICS
    Xoom- EOS/Rogue kernel 1.5ghz
    Twitter- Getsome_122

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Arborij : i have an imac and must say its the best of both world. Parrallel desktop rocks the house... who needs a PC ? Lol

Cant conceive that they make the best computers and the worst phones lmao

Sent from my GNex via Hit'N'Yak
    Allyx likes this.

Unlocked - Rooted GSM GNex
    JellyBelly v3-4.1.1
    Franco's Kernel Nightly #217 512GPU
    Videotron
    iPeckWorks©
    OS X 10.7.3

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    It kills me to say it, mainly because of the stigma the fruit has, they are quite nice. I do love Starbucks and the Gap, but it isn't a lifestyle. Seriously though, a friend of mine just picked up an iMac, and it is nice. I will probably change when they stop making them white, or start including something other than that one button mouse. That thing bugs me. How does the fruit integrate with the little green critter? I love the fact that my PC sees the phone as a thumb drive. Couldn't get easier. Maybe it is just me, one who hates change. lol.
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    already? jellybeen was just announced and won't be out for at least a year. 2 seconds of googling would have answered this question

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I was reading TechCrunch which spoke with the VP of Engineering at Google who suggested its release by Fall 2012. DigiTime eluded to Q2 of this year, but although they have been right in some cases, they've been way off also. In the end, nobody knows for sure, and I am completely happy with the ice cream I have on my phone now.
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Google updates are my personal bugbear.

I've got a uk XOOM on wifi - and still have 3.2 - with no definite dates for the ICS.

Motorola/Google really really need to take a look at the update model other companies use, because the one they have is most definitely not fit for purpose.

Not only that - the reasons they give for not updating are kind of ridiculous - the reason for mine is apparently down to carrier issues and testing, yet, my Xoom is a Wifi only model. Go figure.

Whilst I love my gnex more than any phone I've ever had (including iphones) - when it comes to upgrading my tablet, it sure as hell wont be a google/moto one.

PS - my gnew is still on 4.0.3...shouldnt we be on .0.4 ?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter69 View Post
    PS - my gnew is still on 4.0.3...shouldnt we be on .0.4 ?
    Hah, I'm still on 4.0.2 ...
    Dropbox! <-- get an extra 500MB if you use this link to sign up (and it's free/awesome)!
    Nook Color ~ rooted ~ CM7 ~ n250
    Nexus 7 ~ stock (for now)
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus ~ rooted ~ AOKP Build 5
    snapchat = lovelylush

Ads