Register

A couple of Missing things on Nexus????

This is a discussion on A couple of Missing things on Nexus???? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I have had my Nexus for around a month now, and I have a question on 2 things I have noticed that seem to be ...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

A couple of Missing things on Nexus????

I have had my Nexus for around a month now, and I have a question on 2 things I have noticed that seem to be missing from the Nexus/ICS. The first is the home screen preview. Almost every other android phone that I know has a home screen preview, meaning you either double click the home screen button or long press and all of your home screens appear in miniature on the display, and you can navigate to whichever you want without having to scroll from one end to the other. I know my old Droid X, my wife's Bionic and my friends' HTC Rezound, TBolt and Samsung Galaxy S II all do this......So is it missing from the phone or am I not doing something properly? I have tried long press, double press and gone through the settings and not been able to find this. The second.....No car dock app? I have put my Nexus into the car mount and the orientation does not change (Google Map orientation changes, but not the regular home screen)....no special screens or set up....and the Google car dock app on the market says it is not compatible with my phone. Again.....am I missing something? These are not game changers and do not really effect my opinion of the Nexus ( I love it, best phone I have had) but are more like conveniences. Anyone know solutions or know if I am over looking something. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    not sure about the car dock thing, but for your first question , you could switch to nova launcher, which will give you a preview of all of your home screens, when the home button is pressed at your home screen. Nova launcher offers a lot of improvements over the stock launcher..

Milky Way
    Member #
    Nova Launcher gives you screen previews, but stock Android never had this - so it's not missing.

Car Dock app is built within Google Maps, called "Car Home" - available as an app icon or a widget.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNinja View Post
    Nova Launcher gives you screen previews, but stock Android never had this - so it's not missing.

Car Dock app is built within Google Maps, called "Car Home" - available as an app icon or a widget.
    Ok, so on all the other phones its part of Motoblur, Touchwiz and Sense. I will have to check out the Google Maps "Car Home" Thanks!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Not that I've really needed it, but they should have put in a touch calibration function.

Milky Way
    Member #
    From my understanding u can't touch calibrate these because the don't use a resistive touchscreen which is two layers separated and can be calibrated because you are actually triggering an input at that location these use a digitizer that is capacitance touchscreen and rely on the digitizer to actually find your electrical signals in your hand and place it in an x,y axis. That's why when u break your screen sometimes the screen still responds because the digitizer isnt broken yet. But if you replace your screen you have to replace the digitizer as well. If you were to break a resistive screen your inputs would no longer work at all due to electrical signals all over the place from pressure near the crack

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

Remove Ads

Ads