Register

Transferring ebooks/pdf to Galaxy Nexus

This is a discussion on Transferring ebooks/pdf to Galaxy Nexus within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi all' Apologies if there is already a thread on how to do this but I can't find it at all. Have a heap of ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

Transferring ebooks/pdf to Galaxy Nexus

Hi all'

Apologies if there is already a thread on how to do this but I can't find it at all.

Have a heap of ebooks in pdf on my Windows 7 PC and want to copy some across to the Galaxy Nexus. Cannot find a folder dedicated to Ebooks or similar. Using the "Kindle" app at the moment and no matter where I copy the book files it doesn't seem to be able to find them. Have also downloaded Calibre in case I need to change formats.

Do I need to make a new folder?

Do I need to change the format of the ebooks?

Where do I put the folder using the MTP transfer?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulla View Post
    Hi all'

Apologies if there is already a thread on how to do this but I can't find it at all.

Have a heap of ebooks in pdf on my Windows 7 PC and want to copy some across to the Galaxy Nexus. Cannot find a folder dedicated to Ebooks or similar. Using the "Kindle" app at the moment and no matter where I copy the book files it doesn't seem to be able to find them. Have also downloaded Calibre in case I need to change formats.

Thanks in advance.
    Interesting question? I read ebooks all the time, but I didn't transfer any book from my old device since everything was related to nook or kindle. Have you tried uploading to dropbox on your pc and than downloading thru dropbox on your phone? Then you would be able to find them in your dropbox folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulla View Post
    Hi all'

Thanks in advance.
    Hello, changing the format to .mobi works well on the Kindle, as for a dedicated folder you really don't need one, just download at least one book from your "Archive" or a free book from the kindle store. The next time you connect your GN to your computer you will see a Kindle folder just drag all of your ebooks into that folder, when its done disconnect and reboot your GN. When you open your Kindle App (It will take a moment or two) and some of your "New" ebooks should show on the screen.

Once again it is best to convert your pdf to mobi (this way you can use the extra features ie. size, dictionary, color..)

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Hello, changing the format to .mobi works well on the Kindle, as for a dedicated folder you really don't need one, just download at least one book from your "Archive" or a free book from the kindle store. The next time you connect your GN to your computer you will see a Kindle folder just drag all of your ebooks into that folder, when its done disconnect and reboot your GN. When you open your Kindle App (It will take a moment or two) and some of your "New" ebooks should show on the screen.

Once again it is best to convert your pdf to mobi (this way you can use the extra features ie. size, dictionary, color..)
    How do you convert your pdf's to kindle? Do you pay for the conversion?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Stop over to this site calibre - E-book management watch the video and download for free, the best Ebook Manager out...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks for the information people, will convert and download a book from Kindle and see where it all ends ups. Dropbox will be happening as well.

Regards Bulla

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I actually own a Kindle, this is super helpful for me. Can I use that .mobi conversion on my Kindle 3? (7" with the keypad on the bottom, current one being sold by Amazon with a keypad)

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I have a rooted Nook Color with several books that I bought from the B&N store. The app on the GN can "see" them in the library but won't down load them... "Problem downloading this item. Please try again later." Anyone know of a fix?

For .pdf files, the Kindle app works fine, also there's "Cool Reader" in the Market, which seems to work fine (just downloaded a .pdf book on Python, which it opens up without a problem).

Galaxy Nexus: Beanstalk 4.4 (KitKat)
    Nexus 7 and 10 tablets - stock rooted
    OG Droid: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (2.3.7) with Chevy's 1.1GHz uLV kernel, BP7X battery
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1.0, 1.2GHz kernel
    Computers all running Linux

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post

Worked a you suggested - Thank you very much

Ads