Register

I515.10 radio update or hardware revision?

This is a discussion on I515.10 radio update or hardware revision? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Originally Posted by Mujibar BTW ... welcome to the forum!! Thanks! Originally Posted by swalker If the ".09/.10" are based on activation wouldn't it be ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I515.10 radio update or hardware revision?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    BTW ... welcome to the forum!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by swalker View Post
    If the ".09/.10" are based on activation wouldn't it be related to sim card?
    Technically aren't We activating phone when We flash a rom? And it remains at. 09...would a new sim card being activated then give. 10 ?

<m(⊙﹏⊙)m>
    The explanation sounds a bit odd to me also. I mean when you activate it, it literally adds that number to the baseband number then? So if you bought a phone launch day through mail order, and sat on it until today, never turned it on, it would still activate to a .10 ?

I guess I just dont see any reason to do this, what would be the point of keeping track of some ambiguous point in time when the phone was activated ?

But if they changed something in the hardware or in the build process it would be a good reason to change that number.

What about if you de-activate it, like re-activate an old phone for a day on that account, and then switch back - would it still be an 09?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    here is some insight might help.

the .10 was on a phone i got yesterday as an exhcnage. It came with 4.0.2 and .10 already.

I exchanged this morning becuase of screen issues and got one with .9
    Last edited by Ghosthunter; 01-24-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Presuming that the .09/.10 cutoff is the turn of the calendar year (and this is just an assumption on my part), folks who activated their phones in 2011 should have .09 basebands and those who activated their phones in 2012 should have .10 basebands. .
    I activated mine on January 2nd and had the .09 and went and got a new device on January 13th and still have the .09, also have two trouble tickets in with Verizon for reception and some interference issues when on calls that are ear piercing. I think alot of the issues are a result of the cheap Nokia sim cards that are in the devices, they need to be upgraded.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    General

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    lol who knows then. someone call sammy and see if they give the same story.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Can I get someone with i515.10 to boot into fast boot (power off then hold volume up and down and power at the same time) look and see what hw version you have. If its 10 then there is indeed a different hardware version cause mine is 9.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I registered for this site just to let you know that ones with .10 have a hw version 10... Verizon claims that they have never had a revision of the phone its a software thing.. Also oddly enough my phone came saying hw version 10 on 4.0.1 i updated to 4.0.2 and got hw version 9. Also i got a phone 6 days ago that was hw version 10 and got my hw version 9 yesterday..

Quote Originally Posted by tx3kgtman View Post
    Can I get someone with i515.10 to boot into fast boot (power off then hold volume up and down and power at the same time) look and see what hw version you have. If its 10 then there is indeed a different hardware version cause mine is 9.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Thanks! That's the same thing that Verizon told me (over the phone, not in the store). The whole things seems just as confusing as ever, though.

Milky Way
    Member #
    My issue is i just bought this phone several days ago why do I not have the newest revision? And why am I told I cant get it? Blehh I bet it doesnt really matter

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GahhItsLee View Post
    My issue is i just bought this phone several days ago why do I not have the newest revision? And why am I told I cant get it? Blehh I bet it doesnt really matter
    My guess is they have a mix of .09s and .10s in the store and you just get whichever one you get.

Maybe if you ordered one online you would have a better chance of getting a .10 since the .09s have probably all been pushed out.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @GahhItsLee Just so I understand you correctly. When you updated from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 and looked in fastboot mode it changed from 10 to 9?

It sounds like we need an official statement from either Verizon and or Samsung. I have a hard time trusting tech support statements especially when they contradict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by GahhItsLee View Post
    I registered for this site just to let you know that ones with .10 have a hw version 10... Verizon claims that they have never had a revision of the phone its a software thing.. Also oddly enough my phone came saying hw version 10 on 4.0.1 i updated to 4.0.2 and got hw version 9. Also i got a phone 6 days ago that was hw version 10 and got my hw version 9 yesterday..

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads