Register

I515.10 radio update or hardware revision?

This is a discussion on I515.10 radio update or hardware revision? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Originally Posted by tx3kgtman Spoke with samsung and finally got this answer. There is no difference between .09 and .10. The i515 is something to ...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I515.10 radio update or hardware revision?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tx3kgtman View Post
    Spoke with samsung and finally got this answer. There is no difference between .09 and .10. The i515 is something to do with the model number and the .09 and .10 is something to do with when the phone was activated on the network. If you were among the first X amount of people activating your galaxy nexus on the network you got .09 and if you activated you nexus after x amount of people you received the .10 number.
    Thanks for posting this. I commented on this in another thread, but the moral of the story for me is ... Verizon has no freakin' clue what they're talking about.
    WER4GZS likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just wondering. What level of tech support gave you this information?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
    So says Samsung, the company that stands to lose a lot of money if it became well known they fixed a radio problem and got a flood of returned phones.
    Your comment seems to imply that Samsung is lying about what these numbers (.09/.10) mean. I don't know if they are or aren't. But I would think that if it got out that people with ".10 phones" were experiencing superior reception/data quality to people with ".09 phones" and Samsung was deliberately trying mislead the public, there would be something close to rioting in the streets. And believe me, something like that *would* get out.

Keep in mind that this only holds true for the Verizon LTE version, since the prefix is i515 (model number SCH-i515). Presuming that the .09/.10 cutoff is the turn of the calendar year (and this is just an assumption on my part), folks who activated their phones in 2011 should have .09 basebands and those who activated their phones in 2012 should have .10 basebands. I activated mine on December 31; my baseband prefix is i515.09. If others would care to share their info, please do so. This could be an interesting exercise that might actually get us somewhere.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Your comment seems to imply that Samsung is lying about what these numbers (.09/.10) mean. I don't know if they are or aren't. But I would think that if it got out that people with ".10 phones" were experiencing superior reception/data quality to people with ".09 phones" and Samsung was deliberately trying mislead the public, there would be something close to rioting in the streets. And believe me, something like that *would* get out.
    Thats why Ive been visiting several sites and asking people who are reporting problems and/or no problems which revision they have. So far, it seems like the people with .09 are reporting more severe problems, but that could be due to 99% of the phones being 09.

But Ive also seen several posts where people upgrading to the 4.03 radios got little or no improvement on 09, where people with 10 had significantly better reception, faster DL speeds, and lower DB readings immediately upon flashing.

But the sample size is too small right now to make a real judgement, Im talking about a dozen or 2 people who have reported which version they have and maybe 3 or 4 of them had the .10 revision.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    So which do you have? I have the .09 version and my reception seems to be fine compared to my old phone. And that's on the older EK05/EK02 basebands.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So which do you have? I have the .09 version and my reception seems to be fine compared to my old phone. And that's on the older EK05/EK02 basebands.
    I'm buying mine Monday because I have time off next week.

Verizon has excellent reception in my area so I imagine it wont be an issue, but I wanted to get to the bottom of this first so If the 09's were bad I could just immediately take it back.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Ah, I see. Still doesn't seem like we have anything conclusive yet. Just more speculation. Maybe speculation that makes a little more sense, but still speculation.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ah, I see. Still doesn't seem like we have anything conclusive yet. Just more speculation. Maybe speculation that makes a little more sense, but still speculation.
    I agree, and it could actually be the same hardware but it went through a different quality control or build process. And it could be what Samsung suggests, I just wouldent trust them 100%.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    BTW ... welcome to the forum!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    If the ".09/.10" are based on activation wouldn't it be related to sim card?
    Technically aren't We activating phone when We flash a rom? And it remains at. 09...would a new sim card being activated then give. 10 ?

<m(⊙﹏⊙)m>
    "​what is that?....wow can I see it?.....can you do that to my phone?......"

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads