Register

Help! USB OTG issues

This is a discussion on Help! USB OTG issues within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi,I wanted some help figuring out why my phone does not like certain game controllers I have. USB OTG works fine for keyboards, mice, and ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Help! USB OTG issues

Hi,I wanted some help figuring out why my phone does not like certain game controllers I have. USB OTG works fine for keyboards, mice, and a XBOX 360 wired controller, but I have 3 controllers it refuses to work with. The first is a Retrolink N64 controller, the second is a generic USB SNES controller, the third is a Retrolink Sega Saturn controller. All three are not recognized by the OS. lsusb does not change when plugging these controllers in. Some helpful details about the phone: This is the Verizon version (toro), don't know if that helps, but I bought it off ebay for $20 a year ago. It had a scratch on the screen (the screen protector I put on hid it perfectly), and the previous owner had attempted to install a custom ROM, but it was stuck at the boot logo. I installed Shinyrom 4.4.4, which I used for A long time until I started trying to use USB OTG. No USB devices were recognized. I then installed LiquidSmooth 1.5mr1, which is what I'm running now. I also tried a KitKat version of LiquidSmooth, which did not recognize any device. This definitely seems to be an OS issue' so what should I do? Should I keep trying different ROMs, or is there some drivers I could install? One more detail, the controllers have one thing in common: they all show up in windows as USB HID devices. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads