Register

The Official: I am having reception issues thread

This is a discussion on The Official: I am having reception issues thread within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; There is enough people with this issue that make me think there may be something to this. At the same time not every one is ...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Official: I am having reception issues thread

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times

The Official: I am having reception issues thread

There is enough people with this issue that make me think there may be something to this. At the same time not every one is having an issue. If you are having issues you first need to email verizon and in that email you need to post your average signal strength. I recommend you get 5 days of data so you can get a good average. Please in your email do not post that you have "1 or 2 bars" of 4g. Bars do not mean anything and if they think its just issues with bars they will just raise them. You need to go into settings, about phone, signal strength and put your average dBm in the email. (example: I average betwwn -110dBm to -130dBm). Providing them with physical data will help them more with testing than emailing about how many bars you have. After you emailed vzw then you can post your anger here. If you did not email vzw then crying and moaning is just wasting everyone's time. The 10 mins it take you to type an angry post could be used to send an informed email to vzw so they can build up some concrete data to better help the see how big of a problem this is and better know how to correct it. So please if you have reception problems make sure you email vzw your data so technicians can get a better feel of the issue.

Thanks and Hang in there we waited all this time to finally get our nexus and we are not gonna just give it up with out a fight so fight on. Oh and the first dev that beats vzw to the punch and provide us with a fix I have $20 I can throw in to your donation bin, sorry if 20 isnt enough but its the holidays.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Aquarius
    Member #
    Liked
    507 times
    I'm not so sure that it's the phone, maybe it's Verizon's network, or Android 4.0, or the Radio Drivers ?
    While my signal strength is usually -10dBm worse than other 4g phones in side by side comparison, When I ahve 4 bars (which is most of the time) my signal strength and speeds are generally like this.

Went for a 200 mile trip yesterday, in and out of 4g coverage and it switched to 3G and back to 4G just fine.

Am I just lucky? Does the area I live in have better LTE hardware ? Seems if it were endemic, we'd all be experiencing the problem. Just my .02

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    It is the phone. My real world use tells me so. I also have a Bionic, which is famous for data connectivity issues. In all the areas I frequent the Bionic would never have connection issues where the Gnex does. Never had an issue with the Bionic not being able to connect to data after coming off of wifi. Never had an issue with the Bionic being able to pull a strong 3G signal when in CDMA only. Never had an issue with the Bionic switching from 3G to 4G quickly.

The only thing I do not have an issue with the Gnex is getting strong 4G in LTE areas. My issues are all more CDMA related. And that is where the majority of my use is.

Tap'd from my Galaxy Nexus

Welcome to the forum. We may bite but we don't have rabies
    Guidelines of Conduct for GalaxyNexusForum

Aquarius
    Member #
    Liked
    507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    It is the phone....
    Do you think it's Hardware or Software ?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cynkrzy View Post
    Do you think it's Hardware or Software ?
    If honestly wish I knew.

Tap'd from my G'Nex
    pc747 likes this.

Welcome to the forum. We may bite but we don't have rabies
    Guidelines of Conduct for GalaxyNexusForum

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    If honestly wish I knew.

Tap'd from my G'Nex
    That makes 2 of us. I am hoping it isnt hardware but we really need vzw to put out a true fix so we can find out. Raising the bars is not an acceptable fix.

Milky Way
    Member #
    It is the phone. My real world use tells me so. I also have a Bionic, which is famous for data connectivity issues. In all the areas I frequent the Bionic would never have connection issues where the Gnex does. Never had an issue with the Bionic not being able to connect to data after coming off of wifi. Never had an issue with the Bionic being able to pull a strong 3G signal when in CDMA only. Never had an issue with the Bionic switching from 3G to 4G quickly.

The only thing I do not have an issue with the Gnex is getting strong 4G in LTE areas. My issues are all more CDMA related. And that is where the majority of my use is.

The only problem I was having on my Galaxy Nexus and my wife's was connecting to data coming off of wifi up until last night. Now both phones no longer have that issue so I'm assuming it was at Verizon's end. As far as 3g and 4g signals, both phones have excellant reception and strong signals.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Can someone be kind and tell me how to read the signal strength?

Ex. Dbm and asu

Plus i heard that they are making an update. That the signal is fine. Its just that the indicator is different. Like 2 bars on GN is 3-4 bars on a diffrent phone.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    settings/about phone/status

and there is NO WAY the signal is fine

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads