Register

I'm Curious, What Do Mobile Gamers Want to See?

This is a discussion on I'm Curious, What Do Mobile Gamers Want to See? within the Galaxy Nexus Games forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I am considering starting a game for Mobile devices, but I am wondering what people want to see. I will probably be using Unity to ...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

I'm Curious, What Do Mobile Gamers Want to See?

I am considering starting a game for Mobile devices, but I am wondering what people want to see. I will probably be using Unity to develop it, but do people want to see 8/16 bit RPG games? I was considering a simple one of those just to try my hand at it. I don't know if anyone has any experience in it, because I don't really. I have web design experience but that's about it. What kinds of games would you like to see though? Fighting? Sidescroller (maybe with accelerometer controls...in the style of metal slug?) or sidescrolling platformer? I don't quite know what I would make, but I have some ideas rattling around in my head. Also, do you want story with small videos like handheld consoles got? (DS/PSP)

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I enjoy RPG games. Something like Zelda or Pokemon. I like the simple/cute graphics they have. There's a game coming out for iOS users called Zenforms ... wish it were coming out for Droid users! I also wish there was a way to play RMXP games like these fan-created Pokemon games (Garnet Version and Forever Lost). As of right now, those games are only playable on Windows computers. It's not necessarily the "Pokemon" that I like, it's the adventure-style aspect of the game & the graphics. Droid needs more games like these!
    Dropbox! <-- get an extra 500MB if you use this link to sign up (and it's free/awesome)!
    Nook Color ~ rooted ~ CM7 ~ n250
    Nexus 7 ~ stock (for now)
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus ~ rooted ~ AOKP Build 5
    snapchat = lovelylush

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I really enjoy GTA3, Guitar Hero 6 and my snes and nes emulators. (Good old FF and zelda series ;-) )

Sent from my GNex via Hit'N'Yak

Unlocked - Rooted GSM GNex
    JellyBelly v3-4.1.1
    Franco's Kernel Nightly #217 512GPU
    Videotron
    iPeckWorks©
    OS X 10.7.3

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Personaly I would like to see more games with less envasive permissions. I don't install any games(or many apps) that can access phone state. I know some developers use it to pause games when a call is incoming but heard there is a better way to do this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On smartphones, the content can become irrelevant if the controls are complicated.
    Come up with a great control scheme then design your game around it and you will have my vote 100%

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyx View Post
    I enjoy RPG games. Something like Zelda or Pokemon. I like the simple/cute graphics they have. There's a game coming out for iOS users called Zenforms ... wish it were coming out for Droid users! I also wish there was a way to play RMXP games like these fan-created Pokemon games (Garnet Version and Forever Lost). As of right now, those games are only playable on Windows computers. It's not necessarily the "Pokemon" that I like, it's the adventure-style aspect of the game & the graphics. Droid needs more games like these!
    I agree with the above! I would LOVE and PAY for a QUALITY RPG. I loved Pokemon and Golden Sun back in the Gameboy days and would love to see similar gameplay on android.

Remove Ads

Ads