Register

Galaxy Nexus Tips & Tricks (post your finds)

This is a discussion on Galaxy Nexus Tips & Tricks (post your finds) within the Galaxy Nexus FAQ & Guides forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I figured I'd start a thread where we can post up all the tips and tracks anyone finds so people can find them a bit ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Tips & Tricks (post your finds)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    Twitter
    fish1552

I figured I'd start a thread where we can post up all the tips and tracks anyone finds so people can find them a bit easier than browsing through multiple threads. I'll start with a few I found here: Tips & Tricks: Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Cell Phone Article

Capturing a Photo During Video Filming: To take a photo while recording a video, just tap the screen. The photo is captured, and video continues to record at the same time.

Camera Panorama Mode: Easily take panoramic photos with the Galaxy Nexus camera. Touch Applications > Camera. Touch the Panorama icon. Point the camera lens at the left side of the panoramic subject and touch Start. Slowly move the camera to the right, keeping the subject within the camera frame. Touch Stop when the right edge of the subject is reached.

Editing the Home Screen Dock: The home screen dock lets you quickly navigate to five of your top features or applications. The Applications menu icon is locked, but the other four spaces are editable. To remove one of the dock items, touch and hold it and then drag it to either the home screen or the trash can at the top of screen. To add a dock icon, touch and hold the desired icon (it can be on the home screen or in the Applications menu) and then drag it into the empty spot on the dock.
    Last edited by fish1552; 12-20-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Mujibar, Hooch, wicked and 5 others like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    854 times

This is a repost from Droid Forums;

Im reading compliants in regards to speaker volume too low and totally agree! The paid version of volume+ includes an EQ.... Disclaimer I have not tried this app! Looks promising to the point where you can damage a speaker! I apologize if this has been posted.....

Source: DroidForums

Milky Way
    Member #
    Great idea. Thanks

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Screenshot...has it's own guide already but, press Vol down + Power and hold for approximately 1 second. You have to hit the buttons simultaneously, if the volume changes or the power menu pops up then you missed it.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Theme Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Settings > About Phone> Rapidly tap the Android Version and watch in awe of the awesomeness

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bignasty407 View Post
    Settings > About Phone> Rapidly tap the Android Version and watch in awe of the awesomeness
    Kewl ... but then hold your finger over the Droid until he grows and the screen changes.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You can clear individual notification by swiping that notification left or right. You can do the same to the recent program list.
    Vee and Big_Dad_E like this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    I've always liked having a solid black wallpaper. On the original droid I always seemed to have some system gif's in the Gallery and I could find one that was simply a black box and I would use that as my wallpaper. On the Bionic (my wife's phone now) I had to resort to turning off the camera flash, holding my finger over the lens and taking a photo. I would then select that picture from the gallery for my background. worked fine on the Bionic. On the GNex, that picture was revealed to be dark gray when the screen was on max brightness. In my search for a solid black wallpaper I came across the app "No Wallpaper". And that's all it does. It sets the GNex to have absolutely no wallpaper. My background is now the purest black I've ever seen. I totally love it. This tip may be of a fairly narrow focus as I'm sure there aren't too many people that want nothing but a black background, but here it is anyway!
    Licher, RedBank, rudyy and 5 others like this.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    This is sort of a tip. Up until the last few days I really have not been utilizing the multitasking button but I have realized how useful it is. Basically as soon as you press the home key you have a new window saved that you can jump right to from any other app. Extremely useful to me. I'm sure most of you have already been using this correctly lol.

Also anyone want to rave about volume plus to me? I don't want to spend the money if its not going to make the phone any louder you know?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    laineyc, blueberry, mbaal and 1 others like this.

Ads