Register

Ringtone very very low, all other sounds are loud

This is a discussion on Ringtone very very low, all other sounds are loud within the Galaxy Nexus Audio forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Extras category; The volume level in my two week old GSM Galaxy Nexus was extremely poor. So poor it was unusable. I've managed to fix everything that ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Ringtone very very low, all other sounds are loud

The volume level in my two week old GSM Galaxy Nexus was extremely poor. So poor it was unusable. I've managed to fix everything that I thought was a problem with Volume+ but today I realized that the external speaker ringtone volume when someone actually calls is very low. So low that I can barely hear it. Selecting a ringtone from the ringtone menu and hearing the sample has the volume level very high coming from the speaker. I can also adjust the volume so when I select a ringtone the sample is softer or louder as one would expect. The problem is only when the actual phone call comes in. The ring is very low. All notifications sound good, headphones sound good, and speaker phone is nice and loud. So does the in call volume after tweaking settings in Volume+. I have tried Ringtone Maker and set the volume to +3 and you can tell the difference when selecting the ringtone and the sample is played but when a call comes in, the ring is still low even with the ring volume maxed out.

Most people complaining about volume levels overall. This issue is a little different since it's only incoming ringtones coming from the speaker. Ringtones while the headphones are on sound great. Any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks,
    Robert

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    438 times
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'm not a technician, but I understand exactly what your talking about, because I've noticed the same thing on my Nexus. I use snippits from Rock songs in place of the ringtones that came with the phone, so my solution was to switch my default ringtone from Fields of Gold by Sting to Rock The Casbah, by the Clash. Louder tune, made it easier to hear the phone ring. I alternate that with the finale of The 1812 Overture, with the rousing ending. Makes it easier to hear the phone ring.

In all honesty though, I don't *have* a solution to our mutual problem.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v7.1.0 Rom

Milky Way
    Member #
    You could readjust the VBR of that particular rigntone or amplify them with one of those free audio softwares out in the market
    Try out this ringtone,i just created and lemme know if you find any difference
    Iphone4s_new
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus IMM76I on GLaDOS 1.34
    Motorola Defy MB525 on CM9

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That ringtone sounds very loud. Thank you very much. I also tried the other ringtones and now every single one that was low yesterday is good now. It makes no sense unless some other app that I was using is causing a problem. I'll do more testing throughout the weekend and see what happens. All day yesterday I tried to fix this, multiple power cycling, messing with volumes levels, nothing worked. Maybe I just needed to play your ringtone

Milky Way
    Member #
    Glad that it worked for you....
    You can even send me those ringtones that you have and i can readjust the sound so that you can have your favourite tone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus IMM76I on GLaDOS 1.34
    Motorola Defy MB525 on CM9

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks. I just have one ringtone aside from the stock which is the Chuck trio ringtone. I'll adjust it in Cool Edit.

Milky Way
    Member #

Ringer volume too low.

Hi YashBhatt,

I'm new to this forum but I have the same problem that you helped lensgrabber [OP] with about a year ago. I don't understand, did he download an app that fixed the ringer volume or did your ringtone do it? I have an app, Sound Manager, and have the volume up as far as it goes, all to no avail. What is VBR? Is there now an app that will overcome the ringer lack of volume? I often don't answer a call because I don't hear the ringer, very frustrating. I hope you can help, please. My phone is an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by YashBhatt View Post
    You could readjust the VBR of that particular ringtone or amplify them with one of those free audio softwares out in the market
    Try out this ringtone,i just created and lemme know if you find any difference
    Iphone4s_new
    Thanks, Dashiell

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dashiell, What I did was modify the ringtone with a audio editing program and increased the level of the audio inside that app, saved the file, then transferred it to the phone and used it as the ringtone. This fixed the problem at the time I was having it. Since then I have installed both AOKP and Cyanogenmod ROMS. The phone currently has Cyanogenmod 10.1 and has no issues with ringtones or sound. I also don't recall any issues when installing the stock Android 4.2 on the phone but can't remember back that far. What version of Android is on the phone?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I have the opposite problem on my stock Galaxy Nexus. My ringtones, notifications and music are all loud. I've got Volume+ which works fine. My problem is when I play anything on YouTube or ESPN videos, etc. With the volume all the way up, I need to hold the phone almost up to my ear to hear anything. Anyone have any ideas what I could do about this? Thanks!

Ads