Register

Topic of Auto Tagging Music

This is a discussion on Topic of Auto Tagging Music within the Galaxy Nexus Audio forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Extras category; So a lot of my music files tagged information is all crazy (cause some of the files where download separate...etc) and when I pasted them ...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Topic of Auto Tagging Music

So a lot of my music files tagged information is all crazy (cause some of the files where download separate...etc) and when I pasted them all into my Galaxy Nexus music folder and accessed it with my music player (i'm using the Cube player) album art was all over the place and somes songs on the same albums where separated...etc. My question is, is there some kinda free program out there (Windows XP) that i can download and have it AUTO fix my tags? I just really don't wana have to go through all this music and fix them myself, theres gotta be something? HELP!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    I would be interested in this as well! I use the Google Play app and I see that a lot of the imported music is miss-tagged there as well. In iTunes the music is sorted and arranged fine but when imported to Play some albums are split in two or I have an artist called "Music" and there are about a hundred songs listed there.

Also, when I uploaded my music to Play (7,000) songs they are all showing up in on my phone even though I have "Offline Only Music" checked. Anyone else notice this?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    If you need to edit the data of the music files to properly tag music, if ID tags are wrong, this app is awesome to correct that information:

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

Correct the tags and reload it and hopefully Google Music/iTunes/whatever music player you use should see the correct tags and pull the right info for you

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    I use Tag&Rename. Been awesome for me.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    If you need to edit the data of the music files to properly tag music, if ID tags are wrong, this app is awesome to correct that information:
    Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
    Correct the tags and reload it and hopefully Google Music/iTunes/whatever music player you use should see the correct tags and pull the right info for you
    I actually have this, but there isn't an automatic option is im not mistaken. You have to go through each file and manually update the info yourself right? I got like 500 files, that would take a long time. I was thinking of something more along the lines of Jaikoz Auto Tagger (i believe its called) but something that's free. Cause the trial will only let you save 20 songs at a time, then you have to close the program and reopen it, reload music..etc which is the way im doing it, but it takes awhile since it has to refix each music file (it didnt already previously fix and save) everytime you reload music...

Quote Originally Posted by chucklehead View Post
    I use Tag&Rename. Been awesome for me.
    Is this an automatic tagger or is it like Mp3tag where you have change it all manually? Have a link?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrainerdii View Post
    I would be interested in this as well! I use the Google Play app and I see that a lot of the imported music is miss-tagged there as well. In iTunes the music is sorted and arranged fine but when imported to Play some albums are split in two or I have an artist called "Music" and there are about a hundred songs listed there.

Also, when I uploaded my music to Play (7,000) songs they are all showing up in on my phone even though I have "Offline Only Music" checked. Anyone else notice this?
    Welcome to the forum

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Not sure how accurate an auto tagger would be, what info would the auto tagger have to go off of if items are not tagged properly?

500 songs? I'm working on my library right now, over 8,000 songs Slowly but surely. Just re-do the tags on the songs you want to listen to or know you're going to listen to, makes the process a lot less painful. Tag as you go.

Its a pin to tag music properly, but once its done, its done. And make sure to back 'em up too. And once its done, it pretty rewarding too to have properly tagged music. For me at least lol.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    Not sure how accurate an auto tagger would be, what info would the auto tagger have to go off of if items are not tagged properly?
    Check out MusicBrainz Picard, its a free program that runs through a its music database and retags your music right. I'm still learning how to use it myself, but as far as I can tell it property tagged 400 out of 500 of my files. Then all you have to do is save them....the 100 it didn't find i'm going to have to prob do myself though but hey 100 is better than 500

Milky Way
    Member #
    I use Taghycardia for quick auto tagging the freshly downloaded mp3 albums before pouring them into my nexus. This free app does a good job of fixing the missing or wrong tag metadata, including cover art images.

Remove Ads

Ads