Register

Speaker Pop

This is a discussion on Speaker Pop within the Galaxy Nexus Audio forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Extras category; hey guys, whenever my phone plays a sound whether it be a ringtone, notification sound, or lock/unlock sound you can hear a slight pop from ...

Thread: Speaker Pop

Milky Way
    Member #

Speaker Pop

hey guys,

whenever my phone plays a sound whether it be a ringtone, notification sound, or lock/unlock sound you can hear a slight pop from the speaker a few seconds after as the speaker turns off. has anyone else experienced this? if so is it a hardware or software issue?

i did a little research around the web but couldnt find a definite answer. wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem with their nexus.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    Hmm, I don't have this problem. Bad unit perhaps?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me. I have also not experienced this problem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I had pop sound on screen lock but disabled it in settings>sound>screen lock (uncheck). Not sure about ringtone or notification sounds but give a try.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    No problem here

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Twitter
    pternahan
    Not much help, but I can't recreate this on my phone.

Milky Way
    Member #
    thanks for the responses. tried it out on a few other phones and asked some of my friends who have the nexus. it happens on some other phones but not on others. ill give it the benefit of the doubt and wait to see if its fixed with a software update. some other forums did have a few other people with the problem. its not a big enough deal to send for a replacement just yet.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Wow...I never had any such problem..
    ~পরিব্রাজক~

He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence.- W. Blake

Milky Way
    Member #
    I am having this issue and actually turned in my DroidX2 and got a Thunderbolt for the past year because of it. I thought it was isolated to the droid and that i would never run into this again. Now I get this totally kick-ass phone and it has signal issues and audio pops every time i start or stop a song.

And for those who dont hear it, it makes itself clearly shown when you are using Aux-In to your car through your car dock. The pops are liud enough to damage speakers if youre not careful. The DX2 was much worse, but the Nexus is pretty bad too. i dont know why other phones can be perfectly silent. Makes me think it really is hardware. Some claim they have exchanged phones and no more pop, but others have had three phones with no difference.

This is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe i will try CM9 and see if that changes anything. As of yesterday there were 212 stars on Google's code page for this issue though, so I am hoping someone is paying attention. For every star, Im sure there are a hundred or more people having the issue who dont know where to go to report it.

Remove Ads

Ads