Register

Amazon.com apps/FoTD apps

This is a discussion on Amazon.com apps/FoTD apps within the Galaxy Nexus Apps forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Whoever wanted to buy them using amazons app service and finding why they can't, here's your answer from the horses mouth. This is the email ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Amazon.com apps/FoTD apps

Whoever wanted to buy them using amazons app service and finding why they can't, here's your answer from the horses mouth. This is the email I received from Amazon.com.

" Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused in this regard.

At this time, Amazon Appstore for Android and its associated apps are available only in the U.S., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

To purchase Apps from Amazon Appstore for Android U.S.:

Please be informed that Amazon Appstore for Android content can only be purchased, downloaded, and upgraded by customers connecting to the Internet from a location in the United States (specifically the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands). A U.S. billing address must also be used to purchase Apps.

Due to import/export laws and other restrictions, we are only able to sell eDocs, Amazon Upgrade, Amazon Instant Videos, MP3 Music Downloads, and other downloadable products to customers who use a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank with a U.S. billing address. Most product download services also are only available for U.S. customers located in the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii, and the District of Columbia.

Digital orders use the 1-Click payment method, and a valid credit or debit card must appear as the default payment method in your 1-Click settings to successfully complete a purchase--even if you intend to pay for the entire purchase with a Gift Card balance on your account.

We value all of our international customers and hope to make Amazon Appstore for Android available in more countries in the future. I appreciate your thoughts and have forwarded your feedback to the Appstore for Android team.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

I hope you understand our limitations and we look forward to see you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...CWUD34YNW&k=hy

If no, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...CWUD34YNW&k=hn

Best Regards,

Amithvikram A

Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earths Most Customer-Centric Company.
    "

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #

Re: Amazon.com apps/FoTD apps

I think we're being served a load of BS with this meal. As a Canadian I'm used to being served this way, especially from US of A companies. It's only when they need something from Canada they find a way to circumvent laws and limitations. Otherwise, even at par to US dollar we, Canadians pay more than American counterparts, but because we're used to being denied service we don't say anything, just pay the price. I'm sick of this situation, specially when we have globalized our trade yet we still can't buy what we want. NAFTA anyone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads