Register

Wireless music and file transfer

This is a discussion on Wireless music and file transfer within the Galaxy Nexus Apps forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I have a MAC and unfortunately they're not as user friendly as PC's with their drag and drop feature. In frustration I downloaded and tried ...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Wireless music and file transfer

I have a MAC and unfortunately they're not as user friendly as PC's with their drag and drop feature. In frustration I downloaded and tried an app called iSyncr. It's two parts, the app itself and a wireless add-on app (they have both PC and MAC versions). For anyone who wants wireless transfers this thing is amazing as works just as advertised. I set it up as a test and transferred my entire iTunes music library 8GB (2476 songs) to my GN at the rate of about 2/3 sec per song flawlessly. To see if it would just add onto my playlists I added two new songs to iTunes and did another sync. It left all the existing songs on my phone alone and just added the new ones. Anyone with transfer issues or wants to do it wireless over your WiFi network this is something you want to check out. Here's a link:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I have a MAC and unfortunately they're not as user friendly as PC's with their drag and drop feature. In frustration I downloaded and tried an app called iSyncr. It's two parts, the app itself and a wireless add-on app (they have both PC and MAC versions). For anyone who wants wireless transfers this thing is amazing as works just as advertised. I set it up as a test and transferred my entire iTunes music library 8GB (2476 songs) to my GN at the rate of about 2/3 sec per song flawlessly. To see if it would just add onto my playlists I added two new songs to iTunes and did another sync. It left all the existing songs on my phone alone and just added the new ones. Anyone with transfer issues or wants to do it wireless over your WiFi network this is something you want to check out. Here's a link:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    Bummer, I was hoping that it could transfer my old drm protected m4p files. Says it can't in app description.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Member #
    I went to Android.com as suggested on the device and downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro. I use that folder menu side-by-side with my "Finder" menu and can drag and drop files both ways very quickly. Was kind of disappointed at the lack of mass storage capability (used to having an external SD card), but now that I'm getting the hang of it, it's just as easy. Added a bunch of songs from my iTunes folder to the Music folder on my GN as well as some Ringtones I had saved to the Ringtones folder. Through all the pics I took with my GN on my laptop for backup. Whole thing took a couple of minutes.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd

Milky Way
    Member #
    Hi Lee.

I need to be shure of one thing.

You have the Newly released Galaxy Nexus and use isyncr to sync music from your MAC?

I have been really struggling to sync my iTunes music from my iMAC (lion) with the Galaxy Nexus.

PLease tell me that iSyncr works.

Milky Way
    Member #
    As an alternative you can also use Google Music and stream your music library from the cloud. I do this and don't have to use my phone storage for music.

Theme Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nicastro78 View Post
    As an alternative you can also use Google Music and stream your music library from the cloud. I do this and don't have to use my phone storage for music.

when google music gets a EQ like poweramp ill use it more
    Nastiest Nexus Wallpaper Gallery

Follow Me On Twitter @NastiestCEO

IF YOU ENJOY MY THEMES, DONATE TO THE TRIPPY FUNDS
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Device: Nastiest Nexus
    Rom: Android Open Kang Project
    Theme: AOKP Nastiest Purple Theme

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nicastro78 View Post
    Which is fine until you're out in the boonies and don't have a signal...yeah, it happens. I was in south-east Oklahoma for a week last year...it's one of the few places that Verizon doesn't have coverage.
    Besides...you have 30 gigs...what else are you going to do with it? ;-)

Galaxy Nexus: Beanstalk 4.4 (KitKat)
    Nexus 7 and 10 tablets - stock rooted
    OG Droid: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (2.3.7) with Chevy's 1.1GHz uLV kernel, BP7X battery
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1.0, 1.2GHz kernel
    Computers all running Linux

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bignasty407 View Post
    when google music gets a EQ like poweramp ill use it more
    +1 In my opinion Google Music is still very much a work in progress. I still use a Cowan PMP as my main music device with my GN as a backup. With all the audio customization features that my PMP has, PowerAmp is one of the few android music player apps that gets close. Google Music is not even in the same ballpark.

My 2 cents!
    One phone to rule them all!

Remove Ads

Ads