Register

iMovie for Android?

This is a discussion on iMovie for Android? within the Galaxy Nexus Apps forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I've been searching this for hours/days. Maybe there's a reason I can't find one, but I'll ask: Is there a movie editing (not trimming and ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

iMovie for Android?

I've been searching this for hours/days. Maybe there's a reason I can't find one, but I'll ask: Is there a movie editing (not trimming and uploading) app for android? iFad has iMovie, Avid, and several others, but I see nothing for android. I don't even see word of one one in the makes. I understand the Nexus has Movie studio, but in comparison to iMovie, this is really just trimming and exporting. iMovie can make trailers and legit short movies within the app which is über useful.

Any light shed would be much appreciated!
    Bomb hills, not tests.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    #bump
    If it's going to be class warfare, you might as well be a classy warrior - Yasiin Bey

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    What about the stock app Movie Studio ?

Sent from my GNex via Hit'N'Yak

Unlocked - Rooted GSM GNex
    JellyBelly v3-4.1.1
    Franco's Kernel Nightly #217 512GPU
    Videotron
    iPeckWorks©
    OS X 10.7.3

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantar6 View Post
    I've been searching this for hours/days. Maybe there's a reason I can't find one, but I'll ask: Is there a movie editing (not trimming and uploading) app for android? iFad has iMovie, Avid, and several others, but I see nothing for android. I don't even see word of one one in the makes. I understand the Nexus has Movie studio, but in comparison to iMovie, this is really just trimming and exporting. iMovie can make trailers and legit short movies within the app which is über useful.

Any light shed would be much appreciated!
    Word. I too have been searching for an iMovie-style app for Android. MovieStudio just doesn't cut it. In fact, the couple of times I've tried editing a quick flick the final version ends up skipping for some reason.
    Im amazed none has been developed yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryGuerra View Post
    Word. I too have been searching for an iMovie-style app for Android. MovieStudio just doesn't cut it. In fact, the couple of times I've tried editing a quick flick the final version ends up skipping for some reason.
    Im amazed none has been developed yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    So it's not just me I see. Hmmm. Crazy. I'm hoping someone will chime in saying, "What about ________!" Then i'll freak out like OMG That's amazing!
    Bomb hills, not tests.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    "What about ____ " this one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result .... just did a search in the app section for "movie editor" and it was one of the first. Do I have experience with it? Nope. but it sounds like it has the functionality - at least close to it - that you're looking for.

I would be pretty stoked to find an Avid equivalent honestly I have Avid Studio on my PC, and even on the iPad ....(hey , it was a gift - don't judge me )...haven't tried it on the iPad yet tho...can't wrap my head around how to get video in there that wasn't recorded with the crappy ipad camera (and I haven't taken the time to play with it)

::EDIT::
    I just read some more of the reviews for this one - doesn't sound like a good "free" investment.
    Last edited by techRob; 03-13-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    "Never look where you are going. Look where you want to go."
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    this one has some promise too - based on the reviews: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e=related_apps
    "Never look where you are going. Look where you want to go."
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by techRob View Post
    "What about ____ " this one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result .... just did a search in the app section for "movie editor" and it was one of the first. Do I have experience with it? Nope. but it sounds like it has the functionality - at least close to it - that you're looking for.

I would be pretty stoked to find an Avid equivalent honestly I have Avid Studio on my PC, and even on the iPad ....(hey , it was a gift - don't judge me )...haven't tried it on the iPad yet tho...can't wrap my head around how to get video in there that wasn't recorded with the crappy ipad camera (and I haven't taken the time to play with it)

::EDIT::
    I just read some more of the reviews for this one - doesn't sound like a good "free" investment.
    I actually did see this about the same time you did and I returned to this thread to post this haha. I don't think it's bad at all actually. I'm currently using it. Clesh also does show promise, I agree, but still, not a gold mine yet. And Avid for Android, I couldn't agree more.
    Bomb hills, not tests.

Ads