Register

Google Goggles Vibrate!! Anybody else having this??

This is a discussion on Google Goggles Vibrate!! Anybody else having this?? within the Galaxy Nexus Apps forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi All,Never really joined a forum before, but I'de say I'm about an intermediate level ..I have had my Galaxy Nexus for around about a ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Question Google Goggles Vibrate!! Anybody else having this??

Hi All,Never really joined a forum before, but I'de say I'm about an intermediate level ..I have had my Galaxy Nexus for around about a week now and I must say that I am very pleased with it!! ..It's one incredible device, even better than the old HD2-Android I had before..Obviously there are a few more things that I have to iron out still, such as a screen protector and a case for ultra-protection ..Anyway, my original problem is this - a few days ago I was using Google Goggles and for some reason the device started to pulsate (vibrating) whilst I was using the 'Continuous' mode on Google Goggles.. Is this normal - has anybody else had this on their Nexus? I'm sure I have never had this before with the Goggles app.. ..There has been no damage to the phone at all, I haven't dropped it or anything!! The only thing that I have done with it is reset it once!!If nobody else has this with their Nexus, then I will probably be sending this back as I wouldn't want a faulty device.Hope you can help JJV191----------------------GOD SPEED

2. # ADS
    Ads

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Just tried Goggles continuous mode and it does vibrate in a pulse kind of pattern. Is this what you experienced?

Tapped gently...

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I had the same issue with Googles. Since I go through apps frequently, I am usually clearing the cache, and have already done a factory reset (user error ). The slight vibration is probably a way for Google to communicate that either the photo is good, or some other type of output. I took a cursory look within the settings, and a fix didn't really glare. What I would do, is delete it, shut the phone down, then restart, and download the app again. Another method, is to start in Safe Mode, and install the apps, one by one, and see if something is happening between two apps. With the enormous amount of apps being created, there is a multitude of apps making the Market, that are less than clean and straightforward.

Click the link below to learn how to do this, if you don't already know. Should you need additional help, feel free to PM me.

Galaxy Nexus Safe Mode Startup
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks for the quick replys. In the mean time since I wrote this message I have found out why I am having this issue.

@steelyglint - Yes this is the issue that I am / was having with the app / phone.

@arborij - I have attempted many ways to solve this issue to no avail. However, I have found a workaround for it and discovered the culprit for the issue in the first place.

It seems that if you have an application called LightFlow installed on your device (which allows you to configure the notification LED color and activation on the phone), it can create some issues when using other applications - as the LightFlow app requires you to allow it rights to accessibility. One of the issues caused by this application (and allowing accessibility rights) is that it will cause the Google Goggles app to pulse vibrate whilst in the Continuous mode, and also will make the Google Play Books application 'Read Aloud' whenever a book is opened.

To ensure that there are no issues caused by the LightFlow application and keep it installed and running on the phone, you must disable accessibility for it - which I have done. This will, however, cause some notifications not to be read properly (such as the LED will not turn off when you have tended to the particular notification). What I have done is disabled accessibility and used the phone as normal, and when I discover that a notification is not working properly, I set it to be manually turned off - which basically means you have to remove a notification from the Notification Tray.

After I have done this the phone seems to be working fine, and all apps are working as they should - with no issues.

If you do have LightFlow installed and are experiencing the same issues as I have explained above. I suggest to follow the same steps that I have detailed and star the issue in Google Code (you can do this through the app).

GOD SPEED

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Well, that explains that annoyance with the Books app. Thanks.

Tap'd on my GNex

Milky Way
    Member #
    Glad I could help with that ..

GOD SPEED

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Ah. I use lightflow so this explains it. Only used Goggles to check the issue though so not really so much of a problem. Will throw a bug note to the lightflow Devs if I remember to :-)

Tapped gently...

Remove Ads

Ads