Register

Cases that Fit Extended Battery?

This is a discussion on Cases that Fit Extended Battery? within the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I don't really want to run the phone with a case and no battery door. that could lead to getting dust inside and causing all ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cases that Fit Extended Battery?

Milky Way
    Member #
    I don't really want to run the phone with a case and no battery door. that could lead to getting dust inside and causing all sorts of problems. I suppose I will use the silicon case from verizon until someone comes out with a case that fits the extended battery.

I put in a question to Incipio to see if they would be making one but have yet to get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Here's pics of my Qmadix case w/holster. Sorry for the crappy quality pics. Took them fast with my DX. lol

Dropbox - Photos - Simplify your life

E
    xtended battery is in there but cover isn't on. The case holds it nice and snug. No wiggles whatsoever.

You can pretty much get any "sturdy" case and use it with an extended battery as long as you don't put on the cover.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    653 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGeek4Life View Post
    Are there any cases that actually fit with the extended battery and extended battery back on the phone?!

I got the silicon case from verizon because the guy said it fit and while it does fit and doesn't cause any issues with the phone it doesn't "truly" fit. If I look at the back of the phone by the speaker (where the battery door now bumps up insead of dipping down) it isn't actually touching the phone where the speaker is. it's bumped up and there's a space. This space could allow dirt, dust, etc. to get under the cover and possibly scratch up the phone.

Does anyone know of a cover specifically made to fit both the normal and extended batteries?

I was hoping Incipio would but the Incipio case that verizon has didn't fit right with the extended battery.

Is anyone else wondering this?
    I picked up the pink incipio and extended and it went to gather fine...one corner has a small gap but is not overly noticeable...the is probably one of the best extended fits in a while (the Droid X was like this)...the extended doesn't double the size of the phone...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosv View Post

I might have to hold on to the Otterbox longer and not get rid of it until I have a replacement case that fits the extended battery properly.
    Which OB did you have? I just ordered the Commuter hoping that it will fit extended battery w/o cover if I get the extended battery. I know it works for the Droid 2 and X. Defender was too bulky for me on my X but the Commuter is about perfect on my fiancée's D2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    I have the shell/holster combo with kickstand case...it fits but not perfectly when I'm sliding my phone in/out no problems but onces when it almost fell out the shell(case) but after that no problems

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhodge02 View Post
    I have the shell/holster combo with kickstand case...it fits but not perfectly when I'm sliding my phone in/out no problems but onces when it almost fell out the shell(case) but after that no problems
    Thanks for this info! My husband is looking to buy the extended batter and he has the shell/hoster case too and we were wondering how it would fit.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I just got my extended battery today and I was so excited to try original backcover with extended battery. The original backcover fitted almost perfectly without bending the cover. However, when I put OEM Shell/Holster with kickstand on my phone, bottom of left side didn't fit by approximately 0.1mm. It was so close! I'm still gonna keep this case, because I have no problem sliding in and out of holster without scratching the phone. I was thinking about carving off 0.1mm by using carving knife to make it fit.
    IMG_20111220_165621.jpg IMG_20111220_165812.jpg IMG_20111220_164831.jpgIMG_20111220_164906.jpg
    Brick Count: Zero
    - Galaxy Nexus LTE: Resold it to Verizon.
    - Verizon Galaxy Note2: Rooted / Jelly Beans Build 1 rom / wifi-tethering

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhodge02 View Post
    i bought the same exact case before i got my nexus along with the exteneded battery. Amazingly when i got my nexus on Tuesday it all worked out. I love the case its perfect no complaints and once it adjusts to the lil difference it slides in and out easy. The kickstand isn't bad either avaialble at Vzw stores so if u need one grab it.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I'm using the Diztronic case with extended battery, it fits fine. I also know that the Otterbox defender and commuter both fit as well. There are a bunch of cases that fit with it actually, but weren't specifically made for the extended.

Milky Way
    Member #

Back cover

I just wish I could get the cover to fit properly that came with the standard battery provided with my purchase from Verizon! I think a trip to the VZ store is in order(just to *****) since I got the phone the other day online via FEDEX. I immediately knew it was a manufacturing/design defect and searched online and came across this forum. It's a joke that the back cover doesn't fit properly and my concern is getting dirt and dust inside the phone over time. I wonder if Samsung will be addressing this issue soon with some sort of cure! The price of the phone should mean quality. This is a crap design.

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    The VZW store just informed me that the standard VZW silicone cover will flex right over the extended battery and cover. I did not challenge this, but she claimed to have already sold them for this purpose.

HTC Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    So does the otterbox commuter fit with the extended battery cover on or no?

Ads