Register

Desktop Dock with Pogo Pins for Verizon

This is a discussion on Desktop Dock with Pogo Pins for Verizon within the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I ordered the $54 dock from Google Play even though it says it doesn't fit the Verizon phone. They were right. You can force the ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Desktop Dock with Pogo Pins for Verizon

I ordered the $54 dock from Google Play even though it says it doesn't fit the Verizon phone. They were right. You can force the phone in but is will move enough with a minute to disconnect. I tried both Verizon batteries, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Someone previously used sandpaper to make the dock compatible but I didn't have success with that. I used really coarse #60 for about an hour and the fit was still not right. Out came the Dremel (actually knockoff from Harbor Freight) tool and in about 15 minutes - it fit. I can simply place the phone on the dock and within a second or two it goes into desk clock mode and AC charging. The hardest part is deciding where to grind. You just can't tell what is in the way. It's not pretty, but it works perfectly.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    I thought the different versions were the same externally. What is different? connector positioning or is the case size different?

Milky Way
    Member #
    It seems the Verizon phone is slightly thicker and when you install the optional Verizon battery and back, it thickens a little more. If referenced from the front, top and bottom, the pins are the same on all the phones but because of the way it sits in the dock the thicker back keeps it from properly seating.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I really wanted one of these to keep on my desk, but I'll just be damned if I'm going to shell out that much money for something that I then have to grind on to get it to work. I'll just use the little kickstand that's on my shell holster. Typical Verizon...

Milky Way
    Member #
    I ordered the one directly from Samsung (EDD-D1F8BEBSTD) for $89.99!!!!! Besides the cost it works like it should even with my Verizon extended battery & cover installed. Charges fine no sanding required.The phone switched to dock mode, all seems fine. The cost is ridiculous but I'm satisfied.

BP
    Last edited by Barabas; 09-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Huh, good to know. Maybe I can find one discounted somewhere, cause I def won't pay that much!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hmm..90 that pricey...i got mine from amazon not cheap but cheaper. like 70 bucks still =/ but i couldnt take it anymore without a car dock and the universal ones suck...well at least the ones i bought in the pass for other phones.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I am desperately looking to buy the CDMA pogo dock. If anyone here is willing to part with theirs, I am willing to negotiate. Please PM me if you have one you're willing to sell. Thanks!

Remove Ads

Ads