Register

Wifi HDD

This is a discussion on Wifi HDD within the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Not Nexus specific, but never seen anything this cool. I'll wait until after the flooding and prices go back down. Lasts up to 5 hours ...

Thread: Wifi HDD

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Wifi HDD

Not Nexus specific, but never seen anything this cool. I'll wait until after the flooding and prices go back down.

Lasts up to 5 hours on battery. Meh, not the best, might as well just plug it in. but still cool.

Newegg.com - Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB USB 3.0 / WIFI Black Mobile Wireless Storage STBF500101

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetohz View Post
    Not Nexus specific, but never seen anything this cool. I'll wait until after the flooding and prices go back down.

Lasts up to 5 hours on battery. Meh, not the best, might as well just plug it in. but still cool.

Newegg.com - Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB USB 3.0 / WIFI Black Mobile Wireless Storage STBF500101
    I think someone on the Xoom forums or Droid Forums started a thread about that after buying 2. The testing thaat person did was actuaally very detailed and well documented. Time varied according to use of course, and over all, I think they gave them a thumbs up rating.
    But I agree, that for the price, I'll use by 3TB drive hooked to my laptop and access things from there over the network.

>> Xoomin' <<

Milky Way
    Member #
    FWIW, I got my eye on this Sabio unit:

http://www.amazon.com/Sabio-500GB-CM1-Mini-Wireless/dp/B00595NVCK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322139087&sr=8-3

I like its specs better than the Seagate. I was thinking about buying one for use with my Kindle Fire. Now I plan on waiting to see if ROMs will bring in USB host support. I already own a battery powered external USB hard drive...

Remove Ads

Ads