Register

Headphone extension with mic and controls

This is a discussion on Headphone extension with mic and controls within the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Does anyone know of a headphone extension with mic & control buttons that would work with GNex? I want to use nice headphones with it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Headphone extension with mic and controls

Does anyone know of a headphone extension with mic & control buttons that would work with GNex?
    I want to use nice headphones with it while keeping the ability to advance through songs and make receive phone calls.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    +1 for this request

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've been looking for something like this too and choices are few. The one that looks promising but is still half-baked is the Klipsch S4A's. Here is the link: Image S4A Headphones for Android

As far as I can tell, only call functionality works now and Klipsch is working on an update. I use plain S4's (no talk/music controls) and they are some of the best in-ears I have ever used (for the money). I don't know why manufacturers don't support android the way they support iOS with this type of accessory.
    One phone to rule them all!

Milky Way
    Member #
    The Samsung IEMs that are included with the Verizon gnex have an inline button that can pause and play audio.

I believe the OP was looking for an inline control to go between the phone and ANY pair of cans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Correct, I was looking to use some nice on/over the ears headphones with the Gnex. No earbuds could ever be good enough. I've heard the fancy ones; they are considerably better, but they still sound teensy. I want something that's actually good.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If anyone was looking for the earbud style inline mic headphones, I just got the Skullcandy Fix Model# s3fxda-033. The mic works but the volume controls don't. It's also not the earbud style with the rubber cups. < those seem to fall out of my ear more.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMusic View Post
    I don't know why manufacturers don't support android the way they support iOS with this type of accessory.
    Well, actually, you answer your question yourself:-) We have "Made for Apple" because this company secure the UNIFORMITY of the standards in all products what Apple is making.
    But what we have with Android? 25 *idiots* who finds themselves superior towards each other, trying to cut each other on market, inventing own standards even for earbuds' pins. Well, it definitively leads to nothing, unless Google demands uniformity of the basic standards from all producers before to allow them use Android on their devices.
    Please read this, very clearly written why will not have "Made for Android" : Where are 'Made for Android' earphones? | DVICE

Milky Way
    Member #
    I wanted one for my Nexus One... actually I wanted to be able to use any headphones with the remote because I can't stand earbuds. Also in the winter I hide my phone beneath layers of clothes and it's hard to reach it and/or use the touchscreen with gloves!

So I made one.

I got a cheapo headset with controls from Amazon ($3-$5 I think), whipped the earbuds off and soldered a headphone jack onto it.

Worked 100% perfectly.

Milky Way
    Member #

Milky Way
    Member #
    This one is useless. The cable is too short. You still have to take the phone out to talk into the mic.

Ads