Register

Galaxy Nexus Cases?

This is a discussion on Galaxy Nexus Cases? within the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Originally Posted by hastekilled I'm just wanting to find a good case that doesn't leave the screen exposed. Which seems like most of the ones ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Cases?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hastekilled View Post
    I'm just wanting to find a good case that doesn't leave the screen exposed. Which seems like most of the ones I've found do just that. I want to leave it in my pocket at work without being worried of hitting my leg against something and damaging it. So far haven't found anything.
    This is why I always put my phone in my pocket with the screen facing my leg, just in case I do hit something or something hits me. Worked for the last 27 months protecting my OG.
    mark7a likes this.

Ferocity
    I just got my Diztronic case in today and so far so good. I too as many other people felt my GN was very "slippery" the Diztronic does it give it more of a grip not like i would have liked, but that being said there is no snagging on my jeans pocket which i highly enjoy. I did also get the newest revised version that has the cutout for the volume controls. A+ for this case! Highly Recommend..... if anyone would like the Link ill post it below........ http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Flex...f=pd_sim_cps_2

Milky Way
    Member #
    I’m in search for a nice leather flip case for my SCH-i515, but all the ones I like are not compatible with Verizon’s Galaxy Nexus.
    Amazon.com: iMagnum Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Genuine Melkco Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus Prime / Goog | eBay
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Tradition leather case | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices
    I have contacted all these sellers and they say the i515 doesn’t fit. Does anyone know if better cases are coming, or does anyone have a recommendation for a sharp leather flip case I many have missed?
    The one I may buy is this:
    Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK PREMIUM PU LEATHER FLIP CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Cell Phones & Accessories
    but I’d like something better looking. I don’t know about you guys but I feel like I own a second-rate phone with the Verizon model; the case aren’t as high quality and the pogo-pin car dock is unavailable.

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Did an extensive GNEX Otterbox Commuter Case fit test here: Definitive Fit Test: Otterbox Commuter and the Extended Battery.
    Cheers!

ANDRAC - Android Rocket & Aeronautics Commission

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    conroy28
    I am using the case-mate Barely There case and a Zagg screen protector. The case is great cause its pretty thin and doesnt add too much bulk and i am a huge fan of Zaggs products and have them on all my gear.
    Galaxy NEXUS on Rogers

Milky Way
    Member #
    Had a matte black Diztronic v3 tpu case until I wanted to try the SGP neo hybrid in infinity white for myself. Purchased on amazon for 24$ shipped to Hawaii.
    First thoughts were the sgp case felt more natural and less bulky. It is definitely eons better in looks despite the minimal uncovered portion of the top of the screen. The volume rocker feels nice and clicky but the power button is a little mushy.

Milky Way
    Member #

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    Bought myself a Capdase case for my GNex. Been using this product for a long time already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I have a love hate relationship with cases - they add too much bulk in my slacks (add office slogan here!) and change the feel of the phone in my hand. I use a cheap TPU case that I bought from amazon marketplace at Cruzer Lite. I like it for when I need it. Otherwise I prefer to keep my Nexus in its natural state!
    Check out my Nexus sporting a custom designed back plate from my buddies company;

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    With my Blackberry Storm 2 - I used the Barely There from Case-Mate. Same as above - I love the idea of a case but hate the bulk. Never and issue for myself, but people I know dropped theirs and broke their screen. Regardless...I wanted that for the GNex...but couldn't find it.

So the day after I got my phone and nearly dropping it three times - I bought the only Case-Mate POP! case in stock at VZW Store. I liked it - fit the regular and extended battery well without modification. Slides in and out of the pocket without issue.

I also ordered a Skinomi cover before I bought any case, and have yet to install it but will. I did install the screen protector though.

I went to NY and stopped at VZW while there to find an Otterbox Commuter on suggestion of a friend. The case fits the normal battery very well and gives a VERY solid feel. The extended battery requires modification (as shown in link above) or no door be installed. I opted for no door. I have yet to call Otterbox and ask about voiding the warranty by cutting the rubber layer to fit the extended battery door.

The incipio case is the same as Otterbox EXCEPT the hold points are the corners and not the sides. The case feels flimsy and cheap compared to Otterbox. The extended battery fits better than Otterbox...but IMHO its not a great case.
    Last edited by boardboy330; 02-29-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads